Friday, August 18, 2006

Hmmmm. I find myself strangley silent these past few days. I'm not sure why. Part of it, I'm sure, is the change in my schedule. Getting up earlier, going to bed earlier. You know, the whole responsibility thing. Every now and then I give responsibility a whirl. And that's fine, as long as it realizes that I'm in charge of this whirling, and I can stop it whenever I like.

Have you ever wanted something (or someone) that you knew was bad for you? Wanted it in spite of the consequences? Spit in the face of the consequences and said bring it on? Then listen to Ryan Adams "Come Pick Me Up." He captures it perfectly. The twisted, self-destructive, co-dependent mess that you can't seem to see your way out of - and don't even want to. How can he make that fun to sing about?

I like telling you what to listen to -even though I don't think for a second there's one of you that will obey. It's still fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home