Thursday, August 10, 2006

The internet is such a distraction. It's like leaving your office and having to walk through a mall to get to the copy room. Or like if the one work document you need is buried in the middle of a tabloid magazine. I have to get on the internet for work quite a bit. I have to get cases from Pacer, log into Summation, do research on Westlaw, do background searches on people, access court websites. So it's not that I'm trying to waste time, but come on -it's hard not to sometimes. My home page is Google News. Sometimes the headlines grab me, especially headlines like today about a foiled terror plot of "mass murder on an unimaginable scale." Sheesh. So, how does anyone who has the world at their fingertips ever get anything done anymore? And how do those who don't have it manage?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home