Thursday, August 10, 2006

I have been dreaming of plane crashes for about a week now. Some of the dreams are kind of fuzzy now, and some seem a bit silly. One still scares me. The first one was a silly one. A plane had crash landed – no one was hurt - on the interstate near the airport, and people who worked for the airport were flying over to the crash in these little contraptions that looked like flying go-carts. I was mad in the dream, saying “I knew the government had the technology to make little flying cars. I want a flying car!” I was amazed at how they weren’t wearing helmets,and how low to the ground they flew –about 15 feet or so. Silly, huh? The next couple of dreams are a bit fuzzy now. I don’t really remember what happened, just that planes crashed. The last one was way too real. It was a plane full of people, including me. Things were fine. Then suddenly I realized that I didn't hear the noise you hear when you are flying - I guess it's the sound of the engines - the humming, whirring sound. (Which reminds me, for those of you blog readers who work with me - and that's just the one of you - come in my office sometime and listen to the noise that's caused by whatever is in that room behind my office. It sounds just like you're on a plane. Hmm. Maybe that explains my dreams.) Anyway, so then I realized that other people were starting to realize that the humming whirring sound was missing. People were looking around, whispering. Then I look out the window and realize we are falling. Falling from the sky. It's one of those dreams where you see what's happening in first and third person. I feel the terror, I feel the plane careening toward the ground, but I also see it like a movie. It was horrible. But I woke up before the crash, so that's good. I think I read that dreams about plane crashes mean that you are worried about losing control of something in your life. Makes sense. More about dreams later...duty calls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home