Monday, June 12, 2006

Oh it's a dark dark day. I've just been unexplicably angry all day.

"I'm a bone white flaxen haired goth of a girl...who breaks out into freckles in the sun....I can't bear the sight of the sun...I claim there's places out west where they still live by the gun.....and I melt like butter in the Florida sun... in between your fingers I run....screaming don't leave me here alone to melt like butter in the sun..........."*

OK, well maybe that was a little over the top.....how about this.....this is more like me...

"It's raining.........hands on the wall don't move. I'm getting crazy now..
The doorbell's broken and I've thrown the telephone across the room.
The TV's on..But I keep the volume down.The blinds are drawn. I like it dark in case the sun comes out"*

Or this,

"I remember a June when each afternoon
She awakened me softly with kisses and coffee
and sat naked on the edge of the bed smoking
Marlboro reds
til the rise of the moon
But I’m too numb now to dream
suspended between the handsome woman she's become
and the
need for the hellcat she used to be
I don’t see why they both can’t be true"*

And, finally,

"And I don't understand, how a girl so much like rain
can breathe so much fire???????????
She breathed so much fire................
How could she see........ through the flames?
How could she see............................................................... through the flames?"*

*Floating Men

99.9% of you that read this won't know what it is, and the other .01% won't read it! ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooooove the floating men! Great lyrics

8:29 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

They're the best!!!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home